Friday, July 9, 2010

Photo Story

I became so excited when I heard about what we were going to do this week. I love the idea of having narration to videos, and I enjoy the chance to add an auditory part to a visual subject. I immediately downloaded Photo Story and got to work (I finished at midnight on Sunday, I was that excited!) I then began thinking about how I could have my students do their own project. I am big into group work because some students are stronger than others and can help them along. I think research is very important, so the idea of having them research an artist seemed good.

This is a group project that will have to take place at school, so I would need to reserve a computer lab for students to use. I will also need microphones (at least 7 of them) that run around $20, internet access which is already available, and Photo Story 3 for Windows which is free.

I can see using this for tons of projects, from researching an ancient culture, to demonstrating a production process. I am looking forward to integrating this technology into my classroom in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have come up with an exciting plan. Ilove that you have so much enthusiasm for it. That will really motivate your students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are so excited about Photo Story. I also really like how you would have students work in groups to research an artist.

    ReplyDelete